In this episode of the Start with the Customer Podcast, I am honored to be joined by Jennifer Doctor, product expert and founder of Minnesota ProductCamp and Scott Sehlhorst, of Tyner Blain consulting.
The plan for this call was to discuss marketing personas. During our pre-recording prep call, we quickly realized that not only did we have a mountain of material to cover but we also all had opinions and stories to share. So, we decided that we could either talk for a couple of hours or split the topic into multiple conversations.
As much as we know how everyone loves personas, we decided to break-up the conversation so it is easier to digest. For this part, we focused on introducing buyer personas and will continue the conversation on the next podcast.
I hope you enjoy the show and would love to hear your feedback!
You can listen here:
or download from iTunes.
Runtime: 32 minutes
- What our personas and why should I care?
- Why should you use them?
- Other personas types – user personas (post from Scott on how to create user personas)
- Let’s talk real world examples
- Marketing segments vs. personas (post from Jennifer on the difference between VoC and Voice of the Market)
- How many people do you need to interview to produce personas?
- When can you tell a personas needs to be refreshed? (post from Jennifer on the importance of listening)