For this week’s call, Scott, Joy, and I had a chance to talk on the topic of gathering product requirements. Joy works on implementing new methodologies and best practices that improve requirements gathering and recently published the book, Visual Models for Software Requirements. For our conversation, Joy shared some of her thoughts on the approaches product managers can use during the product development process.
I hope you enjoy the podcast and would love to hear your feedback!
You can listen here:
Runtime: 38 mins
- What’s required to deliver the minimum set of features to deliver value
- Using objective chains to compare dollar value of features
- Requirements research and what data can’t tell you
- User’s experience with the features / where does usability fit into the process?
- Dollar value of usability: learning curves
- How does Requirements Modeling Language play a role here?
- Downloadable templates for all of the RML(R) models
- Process Flows – what they are trying to do
- Blog example – Using RML® Models to Organize Personal Life Decisions