In this episode of the Start with the Customer Podcast, I am honored to be joined by Scott Sehlhorst, of Tyner Blain consulting and Saeed Kahn, of On Product Management.
For this week’s call, Scott, Saeed, and I had a chance to talk on the topic of customer research. Specifically, it was Saeed’s question, “How well do we really understand customer environments and problems?“, that was the inspiration for the discussion. During the call, we covered the approaches you can use to gather the voice of the customer, how to avoid mistakes like confirmation bias, and how to apply to your product development process.
I hope you enjoy the podcast and would love to hear your feedback!
You can listen here:
or download from iTunes and from TalkShoe.
Runtime: 37 mins
- Building solutions requires understanding your customer needs
- How do you take data from customer conversations and process?
- Customer pain point discovery – ethnographic research
- How many interviews is enough?
- B2B vs. B2C research
- The challenges of experimenting with enterprise software
- You can never get all the data – still need to make decisions
- “The art of product management“
- The opposite of analysis paralysis is “utopia myopia“
- Recognizing confirmation bias in your research
- Communicating your research through and up in the organization