In this episode of the Start with the Customer Podcast, I am excited to be joined by Jim Holland, of the Product Management Tribe, and Scott Sehlhorst, of Tyner Blain.
The agenda for the call was to discuss what happens when Product Management gets pulled in too many directions. While the aim is to be the product leader, spreading yourself too thin can result in product management becoming more of an administrative function in the organization. Jim’s latest blog post, That Sucking Sound…, did a great job of describing the problem so we wanted to spend some time digging deeper into what’s happening and how to best handle if you find yourself in a similar scenario.
I hope you enjoy the podcast and would love to hear your feedback!
You can listen here:
or download from iTunes and from TalkShoe.
Runtime: 46 mins
- What’s happening and how did we get to this point?
- Product Admin and Product Janitor?
- Signs of trouble
- Feeding the agile engine
- Who’s replacing product management as the strategic product leader?
- Not losing track of the Voice of the Customer
- Final thoughts/comments on 2012