Welcome to the first episode of the Start with the Customer podcast!
I am a big fan of podcasts and have been listening to several for a couple of years now. You just can’t beat the education and the convience of listening on your way to work or on the road. Plus the fact that all of this is available for free is absolutely incredible.
I had been kicking around the idea of putting together a “prodcast” to talk about marketing, product management, and product marketing for sometime now. I convinced Jon Gatrell, of the Spatially Relevant blog, and Scott Sehlhorst, of the Tyner Blain blog, to join me for a trial run to see how it would work.
We picked a couple of topics, hit record and close to 45 minutes later we wrapped up the first episode. Would love to hear your thoughts on the podcast and what you would like to hear more/less of in the future.
You can listen to it here or download it directly from iTunes:
- Runtime: 44:28
- Consumer Insights and Social Media
- Social Networks Will Change Product Innovation
- Looking for patterns by listening
- Features complaints vs. market problems
- The Verizon launch of the iPhone and market feedback
- Analytics and your business process
- “To condense fact from the vapor of nuance” — Neal Stephenson
- Ethnographic research and the iPad
- Being committed to working on the data
- Ignoring the data of today to focus on the future
- Three questions that will kill innovation
- Final thoughts – “What are you reading now? ”